Third Party Liability Insurance (TPL)
All authorized drivers of ACE vehicles are covered against liability to third parties in case of death or body injuries up to 1.000.000 Euro and material damages to third parties up to 1.000.000 Euro, including passenger and their property, when using a car hire from Ace Rent a Car (Athens, Greece). Third party Liability Insurance is mandatory coverage for all car and van hire. Third Party Liability is also known as Motor Liability Insurance, Third Party Cover and Legal Liability Insurance.
Fire Protection Coverage (FPC)
All authorized drivers of ACE car rental are covered against fire to the vehicle itself in the event of a mechanical fire and other scenarios. Car fires are always a scary situation and can obviously do a lot of damage. Car fires can occur in a couple of different ways. Comprehensive coverage will cover fire damage to the car rental; the coverage that applies to a fire loss will depend upon what caused the fire. If the rental vehicle caught fire as a result of an accident with another vehicle or fixed object, the claim will be handled under collision. Otherwise, most fire-related losses are covered under comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage pays for damage caused by forces of nature, vandalism, theft and other types of non-collision losses. There are numerous occasions when a vehicle may be burned that are covered by comprehensive, review a list of examples below:
Car Fire Scenarios
- The rental car or van has a mechanical or wiring defect that causes an engine fire. For example, if you are driving on the highway and the engine becomes engulfed in flames comprehensive coverage will cover the cost to repair of the car rental vehicle.
- The rent a car vehicle is stolen and the thief burns it to hide evidence.
- The car is caught in a forest fire.
- A building fire spreads to adjacent vehicles including the car rental.
A police report would need to be filed by the renter and car rental company and comprehensive coverage would cover the rented vehicle.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
PAI protects you and each passenger in the event of death, total and partial disability for the duration of the rental. The official drivers and passengers are covered while in the car. The renter is insured for 15.000 Euro (€) for loss of life or total/partial permanent disablement. All passengers are covered for 1.000.000 Euro (€) medical expenses and 1.000.000 Euro (€) for loss of life or total/partial permanent disablement. PAI benefits include a total coverage of 4.015.000 Euro (€) per accident.
Compensation will be paid for injuries to driver/ passengers (including death and residual disability) regardless of the degree of the driver's responsibility, the damage amount, including medical treatment expense, will be determined based on the term of applicable insurance policy. Personal Accident Insurance does not cover accidents that did not happen while driving the ACE car hire as well as accidents that happened before or after the car rental period.
Theft Protection Coverage (TPC)
Theft Protection Coverage (TPC) relieves the renter from almost all financial responsibility for loss of or damage to the ACE vehicle by or following theft attempted theft or vandalism, but does not cover stolen personal contents. If you decide to decline TPC you will be responsible for the cost of repairing or replacing the lost or damaged ACE vehicle. TPC does not include coverage for personal items and the standard deductible or excess applies for all car categories.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
The driver can limit his/her responsibility for their share of any damage to the rented vehicle during the rental period. A residual non-waivable amount know as a deductible or excess fee will be applied in the event of damage to the rented vehicle. Collision Damage Waiver will apply provided the renter is listed on the ACE/Customer contract. Regardless of whether the renter has confirmed acceptance of CDW, the renter is liable for the following:
- Damage caused to the car's wheels and tires, windscreen, windows and underside of the car or bottom.
- Loss or theft of personal items kept in the car.
- Any damage caused to the car during transportation by ship or ferryboat or other sea bound means.
- Any incident taking place while the driver is under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or prescription drugs that warn against driving when consumed.
- Accidents caused by a driver who has not been stated in the rental agreement.
The Excess Amount for Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is:
- € 528 Euro + VAT for Category A, B and C
- € 650 Euro + VAT for Category D, E, J, K, and P
- € 772 Euro + VAT for Category F, G, I, L, M, M1, O, Y, T, T1 and Z
- € 975 Euro + VAT for Category H, V and X
Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)
Also known as excess or deductible reduction. The renter may reduce the liability to a minimum charge by paying an additional fee per rental day. The SCDW fee will be calculated for up to 15 days and fixed at that amount.
Daily Charge of Super CDW:
- 10 Euro + VAT for Category A, B and C
- 12 Euro+ VAT for Category D, E, J, K, and P
- 18 Euro + VAT for F, G, I, L, M, M1, O, Y, T, T1 and Z
- 21 Euro + VAT for Category H, V and X
Excess Amounts after accepting Super CDW:
- 243 Euro + VAT for Category A, B and C
- 305 Euro + VAT for Category D, E, J, K, and P
- 366 Euro + VAT for F, G, I, L, M, M1, O, Y, T, T1 and Z
- 508 Euro + VAT for Category H, V and X
At the time of rental, please notify all additional drivers if you have in order to provide coverage.
Important note and tip: In the Event of an Accident
If you are involved in an accident, no matter how minor, a valid police report is always required. Contact local authorities and then contact the number on your car rental keychain. We also recommend you document any damage with a digital camera if one is available. You must complete and return an Incident Report Form which we will supply to you. Be aware of what you are liable for by thoroughly inspecting and understanding your car rental quote before you leave. Please do not hesitate to call ACE Rent a Car Athens Greece at +30 210 9680 700 or email with any questions that should arise before, during or after your trip!
We are here to help you 24 hours a day.